Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Word From 'The Dancers' of The Company

TAYLOR DORDICK–”I’ve been a part of The Company for the past three years, since my sophomore year in high school. Its so nice to hang out with people who share the same passion as I do. I’ve been dancing since I was three and I trained in everything since I danced for a competition team. My older sister Michelle Laksman was in The Company all four years in high school. I was able to share the experience with her for a year and it was fun. My younger sister Waverley Laksman, is in Company with me this year. I plan on dancing throughout college as well.”


JENNA HUGHES–”My mom was in Company when she was in high school and I’ve always wanted to be in it ever since. I’ve been dancing since I was three and been with The Company since my freshman year. My first audition was in eighth grade and it was very intimidating walking into a room with girls I looked up to. The audition was very strenuous because it was a four-day audition process. The first day we learn a ballet combo. The second day we learn a modern dance combo. The third day we perform both combos as well as a solo, and the fourth day are call backs. I can’t wait to perform with The Company for the very last time this year. It will be bitter sweet.”